These delicious easy to make american pancakes are a regular in our house. The children have loved learning to make them from a young age and will now make them for us; it’s nice treat from them to me on a Sunday Morning.
- 100g Self Raising Flour
- 2 tbsp Golden Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- ¼ pint Whole Milk
- Mix together sugar, golden caster sugar together in a jug.
- Place the egg into the flour mixture and start to mix with a whist or fork.
- Gradually add in the milk ensuring that you continue to mix to create a smooth batter.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan to medium-high heat.
- Pour in a small amount of the mixture until you get your desired pancake size.
- When you start to see bubble appear over most of the pancake carefully turn using a flexible turner (silicone one are good).
- Leave for approximately 30 more seconds to let the pancake rise and brown the bottom.
- Place to cooked pancakes into a folded tea towel, this will keep them nice and warm until you have cooked them all.
- Serve pancake with your choice of toppings, my boys love chocolate drops, maple syrup or ice cream. I love strawberries and maple syrup.
- You can keep these in a sealed bag for a couple of days. Then eat them cold or heat for a short while in the toaster.