Our family CinnaBuns (Cinnamon Rolls) are a lovely sweet treat. Why not give then a try now.
- 420g / 3 Cups Strong White Flour
- 60g / ¼ Cup Golden Caster Sugar
- 7g Dried Yeast
- 185ml / ¾ Cup of Warm Milk (not hot)
- 60g / ¼ Melted Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- Pinch of salt
- 100g / 2/3 Cup Light Brown Soft Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 60g Soft Butter
- 60g Soft Cream Cheese
- 30g Softened Unsalted Butter
- 95g / ¾ Cup Icing Sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Put the flour, in a large bowl mixing bowl and make a well in the center.
- Place the sugar, salt and then the dried yeast in the well.
- Pour the warm milk (not hot), melted butter, egg and egg yolk in the well.
- Mix with an electric mixer with the dough hook attachment for 8 minutes, if you don’t have an electric mixer then bring mix together with a table knife and then hand knead for 12 minutes.
- Bring the kneaded dough in to a ball then place in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with lightly oiled Clingfilm and a clean tea towel.
- Leave in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile prepare the filling by mixing together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Line a 26cm cake tin with parchment/baking paper.
- Dust the counter top with flour and a small amount of cinnamon.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle approximately 30cm x 20cm.
- Spread the melted butter over the top of the rolled out dough and then sprinkle the filling mix over the top pressing down into the dough after.
- Tightly roll along the shorter side, and then cut into 8 pieces.
- Place the pieces into the cake pan leaving some space between the swirls.
- Cover with lightly oiled Clingfilm and a clean tea towel and leave in a warm place for 30 – 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/Gas 3.
- Remove the tea towel and Clingfilm then place in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until lightly golden brown at the edges, you want then to finish cooking with their own heat after they leave the oven. This gives the buns a beautiful soft centre.
- Once cooled but still slightly warm add the icing then enjoy.